Sunday 6 February 2011

Sunday morning's 15 miler!

Well I did it. 15 miles in 122mins, pretty chuffed really, I have never run this distance on road before. I must admit at 8am this morning I was feeling a more than a bit nervous about it. I know that in my last post I said it was only 3 more miles than my previous long run, but I have to say those 3 miles took there toll this morning.
I felt good on the way out (we ran towards Skipdale from Keighley)  As usual we set off too fast although I did feel good all the way out to the turn, which we achieved in slightly less than an hour, doing 7.56 miles!
Anyhow, as I said I started to pay for the fast out leg and by 10 miles i was puttin in an occasional walk! Never mind, pleased i did it and it is very clear to me now that i need to concentrate on pace and pace and pace. Still early days, still got a good 9 weks until rae day. Onwards and upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment