Thursday 17 February 2011

Week 7....Week 6 is consigned to history.

Let's just say that i have consigned Week 6 to the archive. I thought that the week had got off to a bad start with my aching legs and demands of the job.
A phone call out of the blue on Saturday morning brought my training / work / life balance woes  into sharp perspective. A work colleague whom I have known for 25 years had collapsed and passed away whilst sat in his van on a site in the North East.....two hours later and despite the disbelief over what i had just been told, I'm heading up the A1 to meet the guys on the job, offer my condolences to his family and try to ensure that the guys are all capable of returning to site the following day to continue with the work and stick to the programme! Life goes on eh!

No comments:

Post a Comment