Friday 4 February 2011

Too Windy to run?..............

Friday night, sat at my PC, should be out doing a steady 6 miler! Sticking to a schedule isn't easy, in the main i'm sticking to it. Feel that when I do run they all turn out the same wether i'm doing a steady 6 or an easy 5! The problem is all the hills around here, by the time you have got out of the house and into the village you are either going downhill or running uphill. Warming up steadily just isn't an option.

Still, I think that it will be doing me good in the long run. I am looking forward to Sunday mornings "15 mile training run at a moderate pace" What's a moderate pace?........I figure that it's only 3 miles more than I ran at the end of week two and then I knocked off 12 miles in 1.38, so that's what i'm going for.

I must admit to enjoying the regular training at the moment, I'm not doing very well with the midweek intervals, I need to improve on this as I am sure that come race day I will need the leg speed that this type of training provides.

No comments:

Post a Comment