Tuesday 1 March 2011

A change is as good as a rest?

Well here I am, Week 11 and still batting out the miles. I have tried really hard to stick to the shedule and on the whole have averaged 4 runs a week.

The biggest struggle has been the midweek speed sessions, of which I have only done one which i felt was a proper session with decent bursts of speed followed by steady recovery. Anyway since my last post, I have managed a 17 miler, it was a hilly 17 miles and I thouroughly enjoyed it too. As I have said in previous posts the long weekend runs have a habit of exacting a big toll on your body and the runs in the following week feel laboured and hard, so it was last week when i really struggled, even my Sunday run (which I usually really look forward to) felt like a struggle, the Garmin told the truth as well, definitely off the pace. Still another 12 miles in the bag.

Anyway, had Monday off and here i am Tuesday night having just completed 7 miles in 50 minutes! Well chuffed! I have an office in the West Midlands and decided to head out from the hotel and just do 3.5 miles out and turn round and come back, first time out on a reasonably dry night, on a reasonably flat (compared to home) run, in my new Marathon shoes. Just a tad over 7 minute miles. A definite morale booster and conclusive proof that the training is paying off.

Onwards and upwards... .that Marathon is looming!

1 comment: